Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Urban Farming and Gardening at Dania Beach PATCH (2020)
The Dania Beach PATCH (People's Access to Community Horticulture) is a community Market Garden which grows fresh, healthy, and pesticide-free fruits and vegetables to improve access to these foods for neighboring residents. Volunteers are needed to help work on this urban farm by planting, weeding, watering, and harvesting. The Dania Beach PATCH is currently open Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays from 8AM-11AM. Volunteers must arrive by 7:45AM for mandatory temperature checks and activity questions. Please read below fully before signing up. Until the COVID-19 situation is better understood and controlled, there are new requirements to volunteering at Dania Beach PATCH:
- Maximum of 8 volunteers per day
- 18 years-old and up
- Monday through Friday only
- Must arrive between 7:45 am and 8:00 am
- Gate to be closed at 8:00 am
- Temperature checks as volunteers enter. If temperature is high (+99), the volunteer will be asked to leave.
- Must bring and wear their own mask and gloves
- Must practice social distancing of 6ft
- Must follow directions or be asked to leave
- Volunteers are not allowed in office
Questions upon arrival:
- Are you following social distancing recommendations?
- Have you traveled in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in contact with anyone who has traveled outside the United States or in an area designated as a “hotspot” for covid-19?
- Have you been in contact with anyone know to have or have had COVID-19?
- Do you have any symptoms that could be related to COVID-19?
- Have you had COVID-19 in the past?
Volunteers should wear closed-toe shoes (running or tennis shoes are fine – NO Flip Flops) and clothing that can get dirty (yes, there is soil in the PATCH). For added comfort, volunteers should bring a hat and sunscreen.
Water will be available for volunteers at the PATCH. To be environmentally friendly, we ask that volunteers bring their own reusable water bottles as there is ice water available for free refills at the PATCH! There is a volunteer coordinator on site to get folks signed-in and to help those new to gardening/farming.
In the event of inclement weather: we continue to work during light rain, but during heavy downpours or lightning we stop all work at the garden. If this occurs, we will make every attempt to contact volunteers ahead of time.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: