Become a Volunteer Income Tax Preparer
With the 2024 tax season quickly approaching, the Broward VITA Coalition would like to invite you to participate in our virtual Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program Orientation Sessions for our potential VITA volunteers.
What is VITA?
We are glad you asked! VITA has been one of the most visible public service programs of the IRS, helping thousands of low to moderate-income individuals annually prepare simple tax returns and claim the Earned Income Tax Credit. The VITA program relies almost exclusively on volunteers. Volunteers receive free tax law and tax preparation software training that is reviewed and approved by the IRS. Now is the perfect time to give back to the local community by assisting at one of the many VITA sites located throughout Broward County.
See below for information on how you can help your community.
Interested in becoming a VITA volunteer for the upcoming tax season?
- Be English Proficient (speak, read, write)
- Be computer literate - navigate the internet and be familiar with Microsoft Office
- Be able to pass a Level 1 background check ($25)
Volunteers MUST agree to:
- Pass all exams and certifications in training
- Donate at least 50 hours of service during the tax season
Click the text to:
This program is made possible by: