Age Minimum (with Adult): 5+, Minimum Age:15+, Orientation Required
Arbor Day Service Day and Tree Giveaway
This year marks the City of Fort Lauderdale's 35th Year as a Tree City USA! In the spirit of Earth Month and Fort Lauderdale Cares Day, come celebrate Arbor Day with us by beautifying Snyder Park. Participants will receive a free tree and students can earn community service credit.
Volunteers will be planting Florida-friendly trees and plants and mulching walking trails. Parking passes will be distributed at the site.
This event is being done in collaboration with the City of Fort Lauderdale, Kids Ecology Corps, Citrix, and Fort Lauderdale Garden Club.
Important Volunteer Information:
• Proper attire is a t-shirt and long pants - things you do not mind getting dirty!
• No flip-flops or sandals. All volunteers must wear closed-toe shoes.
• Due to the outdoor activity, it is recommended all volunteers wear a hat, sunscreen, and insect repellent, plus bring their own water and snack.
• All tools will be provided by Kids Ecology Corps; however, we would request that you bring a fresh pair of garden gloves to donate to a worthy cause!
To speed up registration on the day of the event, please complete this required form for each volunteer and bring it with you: click here for the link.
For general Park information please contact Todd Stiphen at 954.828.4341 or TStilphen@fortlauderdale.gov. Contact Joan Starr at 954.524.0366 or firstname.lastname@example.org about programming details. If you need assistance registering a team or family to volunteer, you can contact email@example.com.
Please note that in order to sign up for this volunteer opportunity, completion of a HandsOn Broward New Volunteer Orientation is required. This can be completed online (you must be logged-in to your account).
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: