Do It Yourself (“DIY”) Volunteering provides a means to engage volunteers in a non-traditional way. It's meant to allow groups (and families!) of all ages and sizes to participate in community service… from the comfort of their own homes.
Every month, HandsOn Broward will offer a different DIY project. For these projects, you’ll provide the supplies (all are designed to be low-to-no-cost) and we’ll give you the instructions for completing it, along with information on the benefitting agency. You’ll bring us the finished project and we’ll deliver it to the agency for you.
If you have another project you’d like to do or a drive you'd like to organize – and aren’t sure where to donate the results – contact us and we can work with you to find a great local partner.
Past Projects have included:
- crayon art kits for the kids at Ronald McDonald House Fort Lauderdale and Children's Diagnostic & Treatment Center
- blue ribbons for Children’s Harbor to help them raise awareness for Child Abuse Prevention Month
- pillows for veterans taking the Honor Flight
- handmade cards for deployed military members
- care kits for the homeless clients of Jubilee Center
- decorative pencil holders for the teachers at Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Elementary School
- bookmarks for Broward County Public Libraries
- blankets for residents of Memorial Manor Nursing Home
- welcome kits for the youth at Broward Partnership for the Homeless.