Prerequisite Opportunity: 2016 Back to School Community Extravaganza- New Renaissance Middle School
Children & Youth Education,
Age Minimum (with Adult) - 14, Minimum Age - 16+, Skill Category - N/A
2016 Back to School Community Extravaganza- New Renaissance Middle School
The Children's Services Council's Back to School Community Extravaganza will supply over 5,000 Broward students with backpacks, school supplies, clothes, and shoes. This event also hosts a resource fair where families can get haircuts, vaccines, and resources to prepare them for the new school year. The event will be held in 3 locations this year to make it even more convenient for the families. This listing is for the New Renaissance Middle School location. This distribution event will take place Saturday, August 13th. Volunteers are needed from 8:30AM-4:00PM. Volunteers will be assisting in the main area of the distribution event, getting the needed supplies into the hands of the kids and families. Duties may include:
- Setting up stations, unloading boxes
- Distribution of backpacks, uniforms, and books
- Replenishing and straightening up the distribution stations
- Assisting families in selecting shoes in the proper sizes
- Runners between stations, filling in for volunteers who are on a break
- Once the event has ended, volunteers will assist in packing up any leftover supplies and breaking down the distribution and resource fair areas.
Please note: water and light snacks will be available for volunteers. Volunteers are encouraged to bring their own lunch/dinner in a bag that they can keep with them while volunteering, if they'd like one.